Avoid buyer’s remorse when buying your first home
Those shows on tv make it look easy! Tour some houses, make a decision, buy a house. The truth is, there’s a lot more to the process and if you’re not prepared before you start house hunting, you could make some pretty expensive mistakes.
Here are some of the most common (and expensive) mistakes you could make as a first time home buyer:
- Looking for a home before applying for a mortgage.
- Buying more house than you can afford.
- Moving too fast.
- Draining your savings.
- Being careless with credit.
- Fixating on the house over the neighborhood.
- Making decisions based on emotion.
- Assuming you need a 20 percent down payment.
- Overlooking FHA, VA and USDA loans.
- Miscalculating the hidden costs of homeownership.
We’ve got a solution! We’ve compiled tips and information that will help you be a smart first time buyer by understanding the process and how to best prepare ahead of time. It’s a free resource made available to you by filling out the quick form below!