Exciting News …Service Improvements are Here
Caro’s ongoing commitment to provide you with fast safe and innovative services continues with an upgraded core processing system effective November 2, 2020. The core processing system provides the computer software and support hardware Caro Federal Credit Union uses to maintain members’ deposit and loan accounts, process transactions, and support services such as debit cards and online banking.
A core system upgrade is one of the most complex projects a financial institution can undertake and requires careful planning to lay the groundwork for a successful transition. We can assure you that our team is working diligently to minimize any confusion or unforeseen circumstances during the upgrade. Additionally, we are preparing our staff through training and reallocating resources to better serve our members immediately before and after the upgrade.
With the new core system, you will experience a wide range of benefits including better integration of the credit union’s services both online and within our mobile app, more functionality and personalized features to manage your money, and improved efficiency in our services. Overall, the new system will provide a better experience with greater security, convenience and value.
Our goal is to make this upgrade as seamless as possible for you, but there will be times where some services will be inaccessible as we transition to our new core system.
For information regarding Quicken software, QuickBooks, and Mint, click HERE.
Branch Schedules & Systems Will Be Affected.
Because of the complexity involved with upgrading our systems, our Caro offices will be closed on Monday, November 2nd. In addition, several of our online access systems will be unavailable starting at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 30th. Our Caro Rosewood drive-through and branch support will be open with normal business hours on Tuesday, November 3rd.
What Can You Do Now?
Please make sure that your contact information is up to date with us. It is very important that we have your correct mailing address, mobile & home telephone numbers, and email address. We will be sending important information to you regarding the upcoming changes to our systems, and we want to make sure that you receive the information needed.
We are excited to bring you these new, state-of-the-art systems and we hope you will be too! Check-in for more information as November approaches.
Please Review the UPGRADE GUIDE BELOW to ensure you have all information needed.
Many of our systems are changing on November 2, 2020.
Don’t forget to do the following before 5:00 PM October 30, 2020
Beginning Friday, October 30th at 5 p.m. our online services will be temporarily unavailable. This includes Online Banking, Mobile Banking App, Mobile Web, Bill Pay and Phone Banking.
Online Banking, Phone Banking, Bill Pay, Mobile APP will return on Monday, November 2nd.
You WILL need to re-enroll as first time users in these services, other than Bill Pay.
Checklist to be ready for our service improvements:
- Please make sure that your contact information is up to date with us.
- Print a copy or write down any of your automatic transfers that were set up in online banking to verify that they have all transferred into the new online banking system.
- Print any Check Copies you may need for future reference.
- Account history will not migrate to our new online banking service. Please ensure you download any account histories by October 30 at 5:30 p.m.
Things to know:
- Our Caro offices will be closed on Monday, November 2nd.
- Our 24/7 call center will be open for account information as of October 30 for account history and to record any service requests. Those service requests may not be completed until Tuesday, November 3.
- Shared branching service centers may not be able to service your requests from Saturday, October 31 through Monday, November 2.
- All account balance and transaction inquiries will reflect information as of October 31st, as Dividends will be posted as of 10/31 and statements will be thru the end of the date of 10/31.
- Your member numbers will not change. Some of your account and loan suffixes (sub Account) numbers will change.
- Your checks and automatic deposits and withdrawals will post without any change on your part.
- Your Caro debit card will continue to work during this upgrade weekend. Daily limits will reduce to $1,500 for point of sale purchases and $750 for ATM cash withdrawals. Remember that each ATM may have lower limits.
- ATM daily limits will be $500 for point of sale purchases and $500 for ATM cash withdrawals.
- Your automatic deposits and withdrawals scheduled for October 30th will be posted as scheduled. Any ACH deposits and withdrawals scheduled for October 31 and November 1 may be processed Saturday, October 31. Those received after October 30 will be posted Monday, November 2.
- If you use Quicken, Quickbooks or Mint, please be aware that connectivity for downloads will be unavailable between 6 PM, October 30th, and November 2nd. IMPORTANT: In order to ensure a smooth transition, please be sure to review instructions specific to your product.
- All Bill pay items should post without interruptions. We are migrating our present Bill Pay service to our new online and mobile banking service. The Bill Pay service may be unavailable for your access through this conversion weekend.
- CardValet® will continue to monitor your debit card transactions and should function without interruption.
- A new mobile app will be available for download by November 3, 2020.
- All online and mobile banking users will have up to 2 years account statements available for your review.
- All calls to Night Watch, our automated telephone service, will be transferred to our call center.
- Your account statements will have a new and improved look.
- Your normal fourth quarter statement (paper or electronic) will be divided into 2 statements. You will receive one statement for October and a separate one after yearend for November and December.
- Dividend Postings: Share dividends normally paid on a quarterly basis will be posted on October 31 for October and January 1 for November and December. Normal monthly dividend postings will move from November 1 to October 31 for the conversion weekend.
What are the new benefits after the upgrade?
- Improvements to online banking, Mobile App, paper statements, e-statements and debit cards.
- Faster service when you visit one of our branches.
- More personalized service and recommendations.
- More efficient transaction process