COMMUNITY FINANCIAL RESOURCES
Aiken Barnwell Community Action:
- Rent, utilities, and weatherization. They serve several counties for weatherization.
- 803-648-6836 (Ms. Nunez)
- Call on Friday only between 9AM – 10AM
- Utility/Rent/Debt Assistance: 803-799-0654
Get Care on Aging:
- Go to the website and plug in your zip code for help in your area. See the website for things they offer.
- Midlands: 803-376-5390
- For debt relief, consolidation of debt, rebuild credit, get out of debt
Habitat for Humanity:
Harvest for Hope Food Bank:
- 2220 Shop Rd. Columbia, SC 29201
Home Works of America:
- They deal with home improvements.
Richland County Community Development:
- They have a program called “One Touch”. They come in your home and see what the largest need is and fix it. They can provide up to $12,999 funding a home improvement project. You must go to their office to get an application that will need to be filled out. They also fund the down payment/closing costs of first-time home buyers.
- 2020 Hampton St; Columbia, SC 29204
Richland County Housing Office:
- They provide down payment for low/moderate-income families to help them avoid PMI.
- See website for a map of where you can live, but it stretches out and they have pockets of areas in W. Columbia, Irmo, etc. Max income for individual – 38k, 2-person household – $44k.
- General help: 803-765-0260
- Utility assistance: 803-462-5093
- 3024 Farrow Rd. Columbia, SC 29203
- Light housekeeping/Meal delivery
- They provide transportation for seniors, housekeeping, meals on wheels for seniors and provide free pet food for your pet.
- 2817 Millwood Ave; 29205. Melody ext. 231
South Carolina Community Action Agency:
- Help with heating/air and home improvement.
United Way Helpline:
- Resources for help in your area; Any and all type of help from medical, glasses, home improvements, financial help, etc.
- Dial: 211
Wateree Community Action:
- Help with Utilities and Rent for anyone in need.